Monday, November 30, 2009

Information Graphics

I went back and took the circle idea to the next level. I still left the type plain because I want the image and information to be able to work together first. I also left it in black and white so that I don't get distracted from the design worrying about color, though I think I might like it better in just black and white. But I could also try to make one in color also if you think it might look more interesting and would inspire people more. But I'm mainly concerned with getting the design to flow really well first.


1 comment:

  1. It's good you're keeping it in b&w.

    As for "plain type", type still needs to fit with the project. That should be the first in your mind. If type is plain, that means your project is plain and it's not.

    Don't see how the circles work. It feels like I'm going down the rabbit hole and the information is getting all jumbled.

    Percentages are still dealt pretty simply, just doing from outer to inner, need to show more.

    Next step should be to work with the type, make it as interesting as the circles.
    Get rid of the circles though because it's confusing and probably handicapping you from think typographically.
    Perhaps keep the IDEA of circles only think about it in terms of type and make the type work as an info-graphic.

    It's coming along.

    ReplyDelete